Is it about the hair?
Laufty Life is a compilation of my many passions; parenting, traveling and entertaining. When it comes to parenting, I am lucky to have an active partner in James. He truly steps up and attentively cares for his girls. Except for their hair, grooming is at the forefront of how I spend time bonding with my daughters. So, while we talk a lot about hair maintenance and styling, in some ways it isn’t all about the hair.
The topic of my daughter’s hair blossomed on its own accord. From the time that Giana was born, we have gotten comments on how beautiful her hair was. This continued with Misha. I am not a hairstylist but I have done my best to make sure I maintain the curls they were born with. I love to read. Therefore, investing time in researching techniques is fun for me. I hope we can pass on some of our knowledge and techniques to help you manage your child’s hair.
To Vlog or Not Vlog? That is the question?
Along my journey to find valuable hair information I watched tons of YouTube videos and read numerous blogs. I found so much helpful information. However, for me following a video was difficult so I wanted to create a written manual and give step by step directions. As our community grows I would love to hear from you on what you find useful. Please email me at email@example.com with suggestions on topics that serve your curly hair needs. Boing!
Vlogging was not in my plans, but I am always up for a challenge. I read you should do the thing that scares you the most. Consequently, we decided to record our protein treatment on Giana’s hair. The video cut out. We are such amateurs! Although we didn’t get the full treatment on tape, the footage shows how we detangle and pre-poo the hair. It also discusses how we handle the front frizzy hairline.
Our First Tutorial on YouTube
We did the protein treatment on both girls but only filmed with Giana. We took still shots of Misha. Like & Subscribe if you would like to see more vlogs from Laufty Life!
[stextbox id=’custom’ bwidth=’2′ ccolor=’8396B4′ bcolor=’D0B0C3′ bgcolor=’8396B4′ cbgcolor=’8396B4′ bgcolorto=’8396B4′ cbgcolorto=’8396B4′ image=’null’]
Directions for Protein Treatment:
- Pre-poo- Unbraid old style with avocado oil coated hands
- Detangle hair we used the Curly Kids Detangling Spray for the first time. It is very reasonably priced all products in the line are $3.50-$5 and they worked. I do prefer a heavy cream for Giana’s frizz control, so I wouldn’t make this a staple product but had to try it for the price point.
- Shampoo hair if necessary, or co-wash. We used Hello Hydration Conditioner to co-wash.
- We finger detangled the hair with the conditioner in.
- Rinse out the conditioner
- Add 1 oz package of Nutress Moisturizing Protein Pack
- Giana set under the hooded dryer for 10 minutes
- We rinsed out the protein and conditioned her hair with Shea Moisture Castor Oil Conditioner–We left that on for 5 minutes and rinsed it out.
- We did our normal LOC method:
- This was our style inspiration from Goldilocksnme https://www.pinterest.com/pin/745908757005587635/
For more wash day routine techniques click here.