Nickelodeon Punta Cana Resort Review
Spring Break 2017
Last year for Spring Break we went to the Nickelodeon Resort in Punta Cana. Our visit was shortly after it opened. We became Exotic Traveler Members in 2016 and thus our stay came with some extra member benefits. We shared a member week with a family of friends. James and I gave our friend’s a member’s week. Therefore, they were allowed to travel with the same luxurious amenities that we enjoyed. They also got our member’s pricing.
In a previous visit to Punta Cana for a wedding, my oldest daughter Giana got sick at 18 months old. This was at a Dreams resort. I would absolutely recommend Nickelodeon Punta Cana for families traveling with young children. It is the perfect mix of adult luxury amenities and accommodations for kids.
All-Inclusive Resort Review Nickelodeon Punta Cana:
- Karisma brand takes pride in the presentation and the grounds are impeccable.
- The resort rooms were very clean. Even with kids that nap, the housekeeping made sure they came around and took care of use daily.
- Aqua Nick is a mini waterpark it has splash pads, waterslides, and a lazy river. We loved the family slim even and the bubble party
- Sports Hub- can’t say I worked out on this vacay but if you choose to yourself, the sports complex is beautiful! Tennis, archery, giant chess and ping pong just to name a few.
- Nannies create a perfectly balanced vacation for families. We got to soak up the sun and swim with our kids yet we enjoyed 3 dinner dates. One night we dined as separate couples on the beach. The other two nights we had double dates with the couple we brought with us. We had Maria as a nanny every night so the kids felt comfortable. While we dined we were text messaged pictures of the kids enjoying their evening. How luxe is that!
- The BRGRS-PH truck restaurant, Wok-Wok Asian cuisine, and Verdello Sicilian restaurant were all delish!
- As a gift for sharing our vacation week, our friends ordered us some very nice bottles of upgraded wine over dinners. The sommelier at Verdello seasoned our wine glasses and decanted the wine, it was a treat to watch and even better to consume.
- There is an outdoor plaza in the middle of the complex. The plaza is set up like a downtown village. At night they have live music in one section and a kids movie projected in another area. This was the perfect way to unwind after dinner and let the kids run. They serve popcorn and also have a balloon maker circulating.
- On the beach, there are cabanas that can be reserved, with outdoor beds. Our daughters check out free sand toys to play with at the beach.
- The staff was incredibly nice and accommodating, we loved Leonardo and Angel!
- Nickelodeon Characters are readily available.
Exotic Member Benefits
- Private free transfer from the airport.
- Choice of essential oil scent for the room and pillow firmness.
- Free candlelit dinner on the beach.
- Free member’s dinner with an attendant for kid’s table.
- Personal Butler to attend to our needs, we had Jose and he was great!
- Our friends whom we booked a room for under our membership got the same benefits as us.
- Pre-selected bottles of liquors in the room (nice extra amenity although ours were a little mixed up).
- All dinner reservations made for us by Butler, he also coordinated all our nights out with the nanny.
- Beach cabanas were reserved for us.
- Automatically reprice your booking if the price changes.
- You cannot charge purchases to the room from the gift shop.
- While they offer high-end full bottles of alcohol for your room such as Seagrams, Absolut, and Jameson, we didn’t receive the bottles we picked. They got mixed up with our friends’ selections. Not a big deal but since they called ahead for these preferences and made a point to offer it, they should get it right.
- By the middle of the week, we were over the resort’s house wines. For the regular wine drinker, the wine isn’t super impressive if you’re a connoisseur however upgraded wines are available for purchase.
- The first night we hired the nanny was for our reservation at Kitchen 23 this was described as a culinary dream. Since I love food, I was looking forward to it. Unfortunately, 45 minutes prior to our dinner reservation we found out there was a glitch in the system. The restaurant was closed for that night and we never were able to dine at that establishment.
- There was a limited kid’s activity schedule as compared to the Nickelodeon experience we had at Azul Resort. There is a playhouse on the grounds, that lists kid’s activities. Although it is in the center of the complex it is for kids staying at an adjoining resort.
- The kid’s club for the Nickelodeon Resort is located in the Sports Hub. The hub’s location is set apart from the rest of the resort along with the waterpark. It felt like this layout made this area less desirable to venture to. Our kids didn’t want to check-in for afternoon activities as much as when we were at the Mexico property.
- When we stayed at the Azul resort, our kids received coloring sheets and crayons at the restaurants. However, they didn’t offer them at this resort. (Again not a deal-breaker but is nice for kids under 3 to allow mom and dad to eat in semi-peace).
Travel Like Us
If you would like to travel in style like us exotic travelers, call or email my friend Edmundo Livera at Exotic Travelers 800-355-0886. Tell him you know Dione Laufenberg and he will give you our member pricing and benefits on your next trip. You will have to agree to listen to the member presentation and you must be married or living with a partner for 2 years to qualify.
Resort review wrap-up!
In conclusion, the memories you make as a family far outweigh any of the minor issues we encountered on this vacation. The cons listed were somewhat based on our prior experience at the Nickelodeon resort in Mexico due to that being our first family trip with Karisma. That trip set the standard for us.
Looking back at these pictures brings me joy. It’s not often that we spend a full week uninterrupted with our children. I savored the time we spent. This is a great all-inclusive, especially for families. For the following reasons: good food, outgoing staff, and the weather was practically perfect. One-half day of rain. I would recommend this resort to friends and would return for another trip. Both girls frequently reminisce about the fun they had at Nickelodeon Punta Cana.
If you’re looking for a romantic trip without the kids instead, read my review of Breathless Resort in Montego Bay.