The Boho Theme is perfect for a Free-Spirited Mom
Lindsey and I met in first grade, she was one of my very first friends. We grew up on the Northside of Madison, WI. It was our first summer in our new house, I was jumping double Dutch with my sisters in the driveway. As I recall, Lindsey assertively approached us on her bike and asked if she could play. 30 years later and I still consider her one of my closest friends.
She stood as maid of honor in my wedding but extended her own freedom for several more years. Living single and childfree into her thirties. Although she had unrivaled freedom, Lindsey always found time to celebrate my kid’s special moments and she came to every birthday parties and our annual Christmas Party with the most beautifully adorned presents.
I was grateful for her love for me and my girls, but it always made me feel unbalanced because I could not reciprocate. While some friendships drift apart when one friend delves into the family life and the other friend maintains the fun lifestyle of a single woman. That never occurred to us. Whenever we got together our friendship and conversation fell into its comfortable rhythm.
Last year when she shared that she was going to become a mother, I jumped at the opportunity to host a baby shower for her.
Here is the Laufty Guide to throwing a BOHO chic baby shower.
Lindsey chose mint green, pink and gold for the color scheme.
I like to order decor and add personal touches to my events by ordering from the artist and creative crafters on Etsy.
[stextbox id=’custom’ bwidth=’2′ ccolor=’8397b4′ bcolor=’d0b0c3′ bgcolor=’8397b4′ cbgcolor=’8397b4′ bgcolorto=’8397b4′ cbgcolorto=’8397b4′ image=’null’]
Supplies and Decor
- Celebrity Game printable from Paper and Pecans Etsy Shop
- Print all paper documents at home with shimmer paper card stock on Amazon.
- Welcome Sign, Favors signs and table signs were downloaded from Shower That Baby
- Table Confetti feathers came from Paper Confetti Dot Com Etsy shop
- The beautiful dream catcher doubled as one of my gifts to the mother to be and a central decorative piece for the party, it was custom made from I Catch Ur Dream.
- Fresh Flowers
- Mason Jars
- Wood Serving Bowls and Trays
[stextbox id=’custom’ bwidth=’2′ ccolor=’d0b0c3′ bcolor=’8397b4′ bgcolor=’d0b0c3′ cbgcolor=’d0b0c3′ bgcolorto=’d0b0c3′ cbgcolorto=’d0b0c3′ image=’null’]
- Blood Orange Mimosas
- Shrimp Cocktail
- Fruit Bowl
- Pasta Salad
- Veggie and Cheese Platter
- Rueben Dip, Bread and Crackers
- Henna Tattoos
- Bib Painting Station- Onesies and Fabric Markers
- Celebrity Baby Game
- Guess how many mint and pink M&Ms
- Toilet Paper Game
- Win a gift if you find baby footprint on the bottom of the cake plate
The day turned out to be a gorgeous fall day and we were able to use the outdoor patio space. I mixed blood orange juice and champagne to make blush mimosas, which I served in mason jam jars with paper straws in corresponding colors. The guests floated from activity to activity casually enjoying the stations.
The Henna Tattoos and Bib Stations were a hit and people loved the bottle opener vintage key party favors.
The gifts for the game prizes were tiny cactus that I purchased at the grocery store flower shop. Sign up for the Partay newsletter for more party planning ideas.
Camp Giana and Fairy Garden Party Post coming this month on Laufty Life.