Traveling over Spring Break?
While the weather has not shifted, spring is undoubtedly approaching. In a few short weeks’ families, across the nation will begin jet setting to warmer climates for Spring Break. Many already have begun their travels. If you haven’t decided on a destination for you family, let me tell you why Disney’s Beach Club Resort, is worth the splurge!
Traveling during Spring Break is not an ideal time if you are looking to avoid long lines, crowds and travel delays. However, working parents with time off due to their kids being off school, may take advantage of this time with their families. If you are traveling to Disney World, I suggest you consider the sweet spot of late February to early March before the rush.
Beach Club Resort
Regardless of when you travel, you will need a place to stay. If money isn’t a deciding factor, The Beach Club Resort at Disney World is worth the splurge. We checked into this resort on Wednesday 2/20/18. We arrived early after our breakfast with the Princesses and our room was ready and we were given an early check-in.
As we walked along the long wooden dock approaching the resort, we admired the blue and white seaside designed resort. The nautical theme flanking a small waterfront beach. When we entered the lobby the décor had a European old world richness to it. The lobby is dressed with large fresh floral arrangements, heavy drapes, mahogany woods and tufted chairs as tall as a king’s throne. Think Country Club meets boat house. It has a stately luxury feel while transforming you into relaxation at a coastal resort.
With no wait, we were greeted by the front desk attendant who informed us that we were staying on the club level and therefore would be walked to the concierge for a private check-in. How Posh!
Club Level Amenities at Beach Club
Club Level rooms are located on the top floors of the Beach Club Resort and its partner property the Yacht Club. You use your magic band in the elevator to access this exclusive floor. Being that this is the only stay we have had at this resort, I am unsure if the standard rooms are any different. Our room #5635 was crisp and bright with white down linens. It had a balcony and double queen beds. In addition to all the benefits of staying at a Disney Resort staying on Club Level affords some bonus amenities:
Club Level Benefits at Beach Club:
- Two concierges to help make reservations, assist in any accommodations or special request guest may have.
- Access to concierge lounge which offers serves continental breakfast in the morning, light snacks in the afternoons, as well as hot and cold hors d’oeuvres in the evening. Dessert and spirits are also served later in the evening. We enjoyed lattes, boiled eggs, fruit, pastries and oatmeal with toppings for breakfast. They have a variety of cereals and fresh veggies and meats. I strolled to the pool with my champagne in the afternoon and the kids enjoyed corn dogs and cheese/crackers while we got ready for dinner. Brie crostini, spring rolls and marinated olives are a couple examples of the sophisticated appetizers served at happy hour.
- Free wine, beer, champagne and cordials in lounge around the clock with to go cups are available for carry outs.
- Kid sized dining table with cartoons for breakfast.
Disney Resort Benefits Included at Beach Club:
- 60 day FastPass bookings
- Extra Magic Hours- entrance into parks before opening or extended park hours after closing.
- Free Transportation every 20-25 minutes to theme parks, shopping and restaurants.
- Free Transportation includes water taxis to Epcot and Hollywood Studios.
- Ticket Will Call.
- Free delivery of purchases to room from park.
- Free parking at parks
- Advance tee times
- Luggage transfer to other Disney Resorts
- Disney Magic Express to and from the airport.
- Meal plan restaurants and ability to make reservations 180 days in advance.
- Luggage transfer to other Disney Resorts
- Free Magic Bands sent to you in advance. These bands give you access to link meals and purchases back to the credit card you use to hold your room, as well as entry into parks and hotel room. Which is convenient, you can purchase the bands in the park but would then have to waste precious time linking them.
Disney Beach Club Resort Review:
The beach club resort is within walking distance to Epcot and Hollywood Studios. We tested this out and it is quicker to walk than to take the boat from Epcot. Considering Epcot offers the best dining options; this location is ideal. However, what makes this property stand out amongst the rest is its pool.
Storm Along Bay as it is called spans 3 acres. It includes a huge pirate ship water slide which Giana rode at least 6 times. One of the three pools have sand in the bottom and zero entry perfect for kids to play in. plenty of lounge pool chairs were available. While you need a wrist band to enter you do not have to rent the life jackets with a key card as required at The Swan and Dolphin Resorts.
If you’re a couple traveling to Disney without kids this hotel would also be a great option. They even have childcare services available for a parent’s night out. If your traveling as a family but still want a touch of luxury and relaxation you can’t go wrong with Beach Club Resort!